Someone got a new phone and its no less than the Nokia 3310!
Ever since I heard the news about Nokia 3310 doing a coming back, I was so excited and I wanted to have it too. But in the initial report, it says Singapore is not releasing it
yet, and that makes me sad. Nokia 3310 has a special place in my heart, it was the first cellphone unit I ever owned, and it was a high school graduation gift from my brother, and I used it my entire college life. Talking about age now, are we? 😀
Fast forward to 2018, we happened to pass buy Challenger an IT retailer, and lo and behold they have the unit!!! Since I don’t have phone for the last two weeks, I decided to get it. I asked if they have the yellow one, unfortunately its out of stock so I just settled with whatever is on hand.
My hands were so itchy to unbox that I can’t wait to go home. When were finally home, I unboxed the unit like my life depends on it. Though it has a lot of difference from the original one, nevertheless my excitement was beyond eating ice cream and cake on a hot summer day. 😉
Below are the obvious difference from the original unit:
- the box is like a box of a matchbox toy car :);
- it is very light, the weight of the unit is like the weight of the battery from the original 3310;
- power button is no longer on top;
- its slim;
- menu button is no longer oval;
- obviously its coloured and 3g :);
- it has net, fb and twitter, camera the old school style. The camera was the same with 7650 the first camera phone that Nokia released. Browsing also is very old school feel. :);
- and you can insert a memory card;
- our beloved snake is not the same as the last time, i find it very difficult to play 😦
The keypads is still the bomb! At first my fingers were having difficulty in typing but after few minutes, alas my fingers remembers how to type FAST!!! 🙂
UI/UX wise, it has a lot of difference from the original, but as I’ve mentioned above my excitement is beyond eating ice cream and cake on a summer day.
Enough of my ramblings and random thoughts, I have to go and play snake, lets see If I can bet my previous score. 😉